LifeWorks is seeking to add a full-time Couples and Relationship Therapist (LMFT, AMFT) to our team.
Join a dynamic group of therapists that provides sex-positive, depth therapy for LifeWork’s community of queer, polyam, and kinky clients.
Clinicians build and maintain a full caseload of clients and get access to engaging training opportunities provided by the practice.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to deepen and hone their clinical skills, work with clients in LW populations, find their identity as a therapist, and join a vibrant group of clinicians who are highly engaged in their work and the world around them.
Successful applicants will have an independent license or be license eligible and have 3+ years of clinical experience in adult and couples/relationship therapy. You should have experience working with LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as BIPOC, religious and/or cultural minorities.
Ideal candidates for this position will:
- Have 3+ years of clinical experience in individual adult and couples/relationship therapy,
- Have an independent professional license or be license eligible,
- Have experience working with some populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); sex workers: and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities,
- Ability and interest in engaging in anti-racist programming and dialogue,
- Have an interest in working from a depth psychology* perspective,
- Align with LifeWorks values,
- Be able to carry a caseload of 25-30 and complete 22-25 DOS/week
- Be available to work evenings and at least 2 days/week in Skokie**.
*Depth psychotherapy (including psychodynamic, psychoanalytic, Jungian or analytical psychology and process-oriented psychology or process work) is based on two key propositions: 1. that the unknown or less familiar aspects of ourselves often hold the keys to healing; and 2. that the problems or conflicts that bring us into therapy are pointing us towards our own growth and wholeness.
**We are primarily offering telehealth with a limited number of in-person sessions.
- Competitive compensation
- W-2 status and associated tax benefits
- Profit sharing plan
- Option to join 401(k)
- Professional liability insurance
- Group consultation and/or individual supervision
- CEs thru weekly in-services
- LifeWorks clinician events (i.e. KPACT), workshops & annual retreat
- Full-time bookkeeper and insurance specialist
- No non-compete clause to keep you from moving on
- Unique professional development & learning culture
- Vacation days grow with your dates of service