LifeWorks is seeking a post-doctoral psychologist to join our team for the 2020-21 academic year. To apply, you must have completed your doctoral studies and all requirements successfully and received your diploma.
Ideally you have experience working with:
- Clients who identify as LGBTQIA+ and/or kink/BDSM;
- Clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy);
- Sex workers;
- and/or those identifying as racial, religious and/or cultural minorities
Ideal candidates for this position will:
- Doctoral coursework in human development and sexuality, psychodynamic theory, existential theory, humanistic psychology, or process-oriented psychology,
Successfully completed diagnostic and therapy practice,
- An ability to write a cohesive case formulation, frame clinical issues and questions, and apply a depth psychotherapy lens to their work,
- Enthusiasm for dialogue around equity issues, and ability to utilize anti-racist and anti-oppressive framework,
- Willingness and ability to utilize supervision effectively, identifying growth goals, bringing cogent clinical issues, reflect on and explore new perspectives, make use of input and report back on impact,
- An ability to comply with administrative procedures in a timely and efficient manner, i.e. reviews and responds to email within 24 hours, collects fees in a timely way, submits internal paperwork accurately and on time,
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Share Point, Outlook email and calendar as well as online account management systems,
- Have experience working with some populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); sex workers; and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities,
- Have an interest in working from a depth psychology* perspective, · Align with LifeWorks values,
- Be able to carry a caseload of 25-30 and complete 22-25 DOS/week
- Be available to work evenings and at least 2 days/week in Skokie.
To be considered for this position:
Cover Letter: Please Address the First Question Below and Any 2 of the Remaining in Your Cover Letter.
- (Required) What draws you to consider the LifeWorks Post-doctoral Fellowship?
- Name one or two specific learnings you have gained, in terms of your clinical understanding and experience, from your own depth/psychodynamic/long-term personal therapy experience?
- What interests you about working with marginalized clients? What has your experience (clinical or otherwise) been with these populations?
- What specific goals might you have for your learning experience in the LifeWorks post-doc training program?
- What do you imagine the future impact of this program might be for you?
Additional Information: Please also include or address the following questions.
- Describe your therapeutic style.
- LifeWorks strives to be inclusive, sex-positive and to embrace an attitude of deep democracy. How do these concepts relate to your attitudes, clinical approach and work?
- What clinical experience and training working with the LGBTQIA+, kink and non-monogamous communities do you have?
- What cultural competencies do bring?
- What other areas of expertise and training do you bring?
- What makes you a good fit for LifeWorks?
- What unique contribution can you make to our team?
All applications will be promptly reviewed, and a phone interview will be scheduled if the applicant’s submission meets the program requirements. An in-person interview may be scheduled to learn more about the candidate’s learning and training experiences, case formulation and clinical skills.
- W-2 status and associated tax benefits
- Option to join 401(k)
- Access to group health insurance plan
- Professional liability insurance
- Group and/or individual supervision
- CEs thru weekly in-services
- LW clinician events (i.e. KPACT), workshops & annual retreat
- Unique professional development & learning culture