View Current Position Openings
LifeWorks is an explicitly inclusive organization and supports the establishment of diversity and equity in its culture and practice.
What is working at LifeWorks like?
Who We Are
“This practice really means that they use a depth approach – I am being engaged in deep ways, intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically.”
Join a group of fun and creative clinicians (PsyDs, Post-docs, MSWs, MFTs, LPCs, Pre-doctoral Interns, and Green House Fellows) who learn together and provide specialized care to clients marginalized for their sexuality, erotic preferences, relationship structure, or gender.
We reach for transformation.
We strive towards diversity and to center experiences of marginalization.
We make mistakes.
We practice acceptance, humility & repair.
We stretch, we grow and we care for each other.
At LifeWorks, we strive to integrate and live our values in our relationships with each other, our clients and the broader communities we serve and with which we interface:
- To have INTEGRITY in word, action and spirit through practices of honesty, transparency & reliability
- To show RESPECT through inclusiveness, fluidity, compassion and trust
- To SHADOW BOX with life’s difficulties, being willing to dance or wrestle with the unknown, denied and disavowed parts of ourselves and others
- To bring FUN & CREATIVITY into our work and the lives of those we touch through play, enjoyment and humor
- To behave RESPONSIBLY & MINDFULLY in matters of confidence, finance and stewardship for the relationships that are entrusted to us.
How We Live Our Values
In connection with one another and in nature — creating a culture of mistake making. LifeWorks also hosts regular events for staff:
- Summer/Fall BBQ
- Holiday Party
- Annual Retreat
- Beach Bonfires
- Kick-back Nights
- Arts & Crafts
Learning & Development
“Experiential learning is really one of the only ways that I actually grow any new knowledge or skills; anything else is just theoretical and my brain doesn’t have anywhere to store it, so it doesn’t stick.“
- 12-month in-house depth-based training curriculum focused on marginalized client experiences
- Individual supervision
- Weekly In-Services (CE’s available) with exceptional presenters
- Small bi-monthly consultation groups with senior external facilitation
- KPACT (Kink and Polyamory Aware Chicago Therapists) events free to LifeWorks staff
“It is important to me to work with therapists who emphasize diversity, creativity, and inclusion within a progressive practice. A sex-positive approach in psychotherapy is vital when working with the LGB, TQ, CNM, kink, and BDSM populations.
“I can expand my clinical skills by learning how to use my strengths effectively and to enhance my identity as a therapist, while working within my community.“
We serve marginalized communities with ongoing groups:
- We offer competitive compensation.
- We offer an employer-matching 401K.
- All staff are W-2 employees, employer tax contribution.
- We provide individual supervision and external consultation groups.
- We have no non-complete clauses in our contract and encourage departing clinicians to take their caseload with them.
- We offer a professional/CE stipend.
- We offer dozens of CEs per year.
- We provide marketing and referrals.
- Our entire staff shares equally in profit sharing at the year’s end.
- We offer a group insurance plan with an employer premium contribution.
When you apply…
We invite candidates to submit an Expression of Interest … instead of traditional cover letters.
Instead of a traditional case conceptualization…
We invite candidates to submit whatever demonstrates the depth of the case most for them – including:
- Musical compositions
- Art pieces