LifeWorks supports the establishment of diversity, equity and inclusivity in its culture and practice. Applicants of all ages, ethnicities, spiritual practices and religious traditions, genders and sexual orientations, persons of color and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To apply online for an open position, click the Apply Now button below:
We are seeking to add the following positions to the team at LifeWorks:
FULL TIME CLINICAL THERAPIST
Seeking full-time clinical therapist with experience working with some populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities. 3+ years of clinical experience in adult and couples/relationship therapy is required.Full Description and Requirements
- Have 3+ years of clinical experience in adult and couples/relationship therapy,
- Have an independent professional license or be license eligible,
- Have experience working with some populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities,
- Have an interest in working from a depth psychology* perspective,
- Align with LifeWorks values,
- Be able to carry a caseload of 25-30 and complete 22-25 DOS/week
- Be available to work evenings and at least 2 days/week in Skokie.
Please address some or all of the following in your cover letter:
- Describe your therapeutic style.
- LifeWorks strives to be inclusive, deeply democratic and sex-positive. How do these concepts relate to your attitudes, clinical approach and work?
- What clinical experience and training working with the LGBTQIA+, kink and non-monogamous communities do you have?
- What cultural competencies do bring?
- What other areas of expertise and training do you bring?
- What makes you a good fit for LifeWorks?
- What unique contribution can you make to our team?
*Depth psychotherapy (including psychodynamic, psychoanalytic, Jungian or analytical psychology and process-oriented psychology or process work) is based on two key propositions: 1. that the unknown or less familiar aspects of ourselves often hold the keys to healing; and 2. that the problems or conflicts that bring us into therapy are pointing us towards our own growth and wholeness.