LifeWorks is an explicitly inclusive organization and supports the establishment of diversity and equity in its culture and practice. Black and indigenous people, people of color, those with disabilities, applicants of all ages, ethnicities, spiritual practices and religious traditions, genders and sexual orientations, are encouraged to apply.
To apply online for an open position, click the Apply Now button below:
We are seeking to add the following positions to the team at LifeWorks:
FULL TIME SUPERVISING LCSW
Seeking full-time Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with experience working with and supervising others working with populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as racial, religious and/or cultural minorities. 5+ years of clinical experience in individual adult psychotherapy is required.Full Description and Requirements
- Have 7+ years of clinical experience including adult and couples/relationship therapy,
- Have an LCSW
- Have experience working with populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities,
- Have 3+ years experience supervising unlicensed clinicians
- Ability and interest in engaging in anti-racist programming and dialogue,
- Validated knowledge of anti-racist and anti-oppressive frameworks in therapy,
- Have facility in working and supervising from a depth psychology* perspective,
- Align with LifeWorks values,
- Be able to supervise 2-5 clinicians and carry a full client caseload
- Be available to work at least 3 days/week in Skokie.
Please address some or all of the following in your cover letter:
- Describe your therapeutic approach..
- Describe your supervision training and supervisory style.
- LifeWorks strives to be inclusive, deeply democratic and sex-positive. How do these concepts relate to your attitudes, clinical approach and work?
- What clinical experience and training working with the LGBTQIA+, kink and non-monogamous communities do you have?
- What cultural competencies do bring?
- What other areas of expertise and training do you bring?
- What makes you a good fit for LifeWorks?
- What unique contribution can you make to our team?
*Depth psychotherapy (including psychodynamic, psychoanalytic, Jungian or analytical psychology and process-oriented psychology or process work) is based on two key propositions: 1. that the unknown or less familiar aspects of ourselves often hold the keys to healing; and 2. that the problems or conflicts that bring us into therapy are pointing us towards our own growth and wholeness.
To apply online for an open position, click here: