LifeWorks supports the establishment of diversity, equity and inclusivity in its culture and practice. Applicants of all ages, ethnicities, spiritual practices and religious traditions, genders and sexual orientations, persons of color and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To apply online for an open position, click the Apply Now button below:
We are seeking to add the following positions to the team at LifeWorks:
FULL TIME CLINICAL THERAPIST
Seeking full-time clinical therapist with experience working with some populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities. 3+ years of clinical experience in adult and couples/relationship therapy is required.Full Description and Requirements
- Have 3+ years of clinical experience in adult and couples/relationship therapy,
- Have an independent professional license or be license eligible,
- Have experience working with some populations LifeWorks serves including: LGBTQIA+ and kink/BDSM; clients in alternative relationships (open relationships, polyamory and other forms of non-monogamy); and/or those identifying as religious, cultural and/or racial minorities,
- Have an interest in working from a depth psychology* perspective,
- Align with LifeWorks values,
- Be able to carry a caseload of 25-30 and complete 22-25 DOS/week
- Be available to work evenings and at least 2 days/week in Skokie.
Please address some or all of the following in your cover letter:
- Describe your therapeutic style.
- LifeWorks strives to be inclusive, deeply democratic and sex-positive. How do these concepts relate to your attitudes, clinical approach and work?
- What clinical experience and training working with the LGBTQIA+, kink and non-monogamous communities do you have?
- What cultural competencies do bring?
- What other areas of expertise and training do you bring?
- What makes you a good fit for LifeWorks?
- What unique contribution can you make to our team?
*Depth psychotherapy (including psychodynamic, psychoanalytic, Jungian or analytical psychology and process-oriented psychology or process work) is based on two key propositions: 1. that the unknown or less familiar aspects of ourselves often hold the keys to healing; and 2. that the problems or conflicts that bring us into therapy are pointing us towards our own growth and wholeness.
INTAKE & OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
This role performs duties such as responding to requests for service (RFS), scheduling and preparing materials for meetings, coordination of events and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, maintaining an orderly & professional office presentation and working on special projects. A minimum of 20-25 per week onsite in our Skokie Office is required.Full Description and Requirements
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Receives RFS (requests for service), returns calls/texts and emails to prospective clients, collects
relevant information, tracks RFS/intake info daily, updates the Weekly Ledger Breakdown, coordinates assignment of therapist with Clinical Director, confirms appointments with therapists and clients and communicates refer out info as needed.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information in accordance with HIPPA requirements.
- Verifies and explains psychotherapy and insurance policies to prospective clients and therapists when necessary. This includes developing an understanding and familiarity with basic insurance terms and processes.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates individual and shared documents and files (s:drive)
for the practice in an orderly, accurate and timely fashion, following practice conventions. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Maintains and updates the Practice Guidelines in concert with the director of clinical services
and the managing partner.
- Types and develops general correspondence, memos, surveys, charts, forms, reports, and other
internal and external documents as requested. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Schedules, organizes and coordinates activities such as interviews, meetings, travel, networking
events, conferences and practice activities (parties, retreats, trainings, etc..).
- Works independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects. Acts as
project manager for special projects, at the request of the managing partner, which may include planning and coordinating events and presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, and other projects as assigned.
Required Competencies & Relevant Skills
- Writing & Speaking Skills (commensurate with a professional practice need)
- Technical Capacity (see relevant skills below)
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Project Management & Prioritization
- Time Management Skills
- Positive Learning Attitude
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel expected.
- Familiarity or capacity to gain confidence with online platforms (i.e. Survey Monkey, Dropbox, WordPress, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, etc…) desirable.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues or problems related to internet connections, computer, phone system, copier/scanner/fax, etc… required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and package management is required. This would require the ability to lift light boxes or files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time, hourly, W-2 position that requires a minimum of 20-25 hours over 5 days per week and a daily presence in the Skokie office. Office hours to be determined.
Vacation & Personal Time Off
This position has no paid time off or paid vacation days. Instead the role is allotted 10 work days per year in addition to a selected holiday calendar of days the offices are closed. These days are to be used for personal time off, vacation or other needs. Time off should be requested 4-6 weeks in advance and once approved, entered into the Out of Office Calendar.
Travel No travel is expected for this position.