I am a process-oriented therapist who welcomes people of diverse identities. If you feel depressed or anxious, are having difficulties in relationships, or want to take the next step in your personal growth, I can help you develop awareness and compassion for yourself and others.
Anxiety, depression, trauma and loss are parts of life many people struggle with. Therapy can help you start to process and resolve conflicts, reduce worries and make sense of complex, long-standing or difficult issues.
In my work with individuals and relationships, I take a sex-positive approach to the struggles and problems you are facing. Whether you are single, partnered, married, polyamorous or in an open relationship, I believe you can improve your relationships, discover what is right for you, make changes to your life and develop a deeper understanding of yourself and others.
Each of us is unique. We access and express deep feelings and discover the wisdom to move through difficulties to joy and satisfaction in many ways. So, I use many approaches — including movement, sketching, dreams, humor, body symptoms, momentary perceptions, role play, meditation and dialog — to help you open and unfold your experiences, discover new insights and ways of being as well as find the hidden but important value of everyday struggles and problems.
Psychotherapy is one way to learn, to grow and to bring more awareness to your day-to-day life — which can be an adventure full of blessings, experimentation and learning when you find the right attitudes and skills to move forward.
Education and Training
- Process Work Institute, Portland, OR
- Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Chicago
- Mundelein College, Chicago
- Imago Relationship Therapy Institute, Chicago
- Non-Violent Communication, Chicago
- Oasis Facilitator Training Center, Chicago
Cindy Trawinski, PsyD, is a licensed clinical psychologist, a Diplomate in Process-oriented Psychology (also known as Process Work) and a certified Imago Relationship Therapist. She is a founding partner of LifeWorks Psychotherapy Center and North Shore Psychotherapy Associates and has offices in Skokie, IL. Cindy is the former CEO of the Process Work Institute, in Portland, OR and a member of the International Association of Process-oriented Psychology (IAPOP), in Zurich, Switzerland. Cindy is a frequent speaker on topics including: Diversity and Multicultural Issues; Sex Positivity; Rank & Power; Therapist Bias; and Polyamory.
Recent Articles by Cindy Trawinski, Psy.D., Dipl. PW
- Meet Carolina Arboleda, M.A. October 22, 2021 - It’s our privilege to introduce you to LifeWorks’ pre-doctoral intern for 2021-22, Carolina Arboleda, M.A. How did you first learn about LifeWorks?I learned about LifeWorks through the pre-doctoral internship process. What drew you to LifeWorks? I was drawn to LifeWorks due to the emphasis on depth psychotherapy and the diverse populations served at this site, including […] Read more “Meet Carolina Arboleda, M.A.”
- Meet Toni Gary, LPC September 28, 2021 - We are pleased to introduce you to Toni Gary, LPC, who recently joined LifeWorks Psychotherapy as a therapist. Here, read her mini welcome interview: How did you first learn about LifeWorks?I actually learned about LifeWorks through the Green House. I was looking for ways to expand my professional development and a colleague of mine sent […] Read more “Meet Toni Gary, LPC”
- Resting into this time of self-care September 11, 2020 - It has been about 6 months since the shelter in place order in Illinois was announced. Most therapists I know went remote in March. Therapy offices around the city sit unused and many therapists are working from home. The spring challenged all of us to adjust to new precautions and COVID-driven changes to our lives. […] Read more “Resting into this time of self-care”
Read more by Cindy Trawinski, Psy.D., Dipl. PW.