I am a process-oriented therapist who welcomes people of diverse identities. If you feel depressed or anxious, are having difficulties in relationships, or want to take the next step in your personal growth, I can help you develop awareness and compassion for yourself and others.
Anxiety, depression, trauma and loss are parts of life many people struggle with. Therapy can help you start to process and resolve conflicts, reduce worries and make sense of complex, long-standing or difficult issues.
In my work with individuals and relationships, I take a sex-positive approach to the struggles and problems you are facing. Whether you are single, partnered, married, polyamorous or in an open relationship, I believe you can improve your relationships, discover what is right for you, make changes to your life and develop a deeper understanding of yourself and others.
Each of us is unique. We access and express deep feelings and discover the wisdom to move through difficulties to joy and satisfaction in many ways. So, I use many approaches — including movement, sketching, dreams, humor, body symptoms, momentary perceptions, role play, meditation and dialog — to help you open and unfold your experiences, discover new insights and ways of being as well as find the hidden but important value of everyday struggles and problems.
Psychotherapy is one way to learn, to grow and to bring more awareness to your day-to-day life — which can be an adventure full of blessings, experimentation and learning when you find the right attitudes and skills to move forward.
Education and Training
- Process Work Institute, Portland, OR
- Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Chicago
- Mundelein College, Chicago
- Imago Relationship Therapy Institute, Chicago
- Non-Violent Communication, Chicago
- Oasis Facilitator Training Center, Chicago
Cindy Trawinski, PsyD, is a licensed clinical psychologist, a Diplomate in Process-oriented Psychology (also known as Process Work) and a certified Imago Relationship Therapist. She is a founding partner of LifeWorks Psychotherapy Center and North Shore Psychotherapy Associates and has offices in Skokie, IL. Cindy is the former CEO of the Process Work Institute, in Portland, OR and a member of the International Association of Process-oriented Psychology (IAPOP), in Zurich, Switzerland. Cindy is a frequent speaker on topics including: Diversity and Multicultural Issues; Sex Positivity; Rank & Power; Therapist Bias; and Polyamory.
Recent Articles by Cindy Trawinski, Psy.D., Dipl. PW
- Welcome Mariel Gardiner, MA, LPC March 9, 2022 - We are very happy to introduce Mariel Gardiner, MA, LPC. Mariel joined the Green House in January of this year. We talked to Mariel about her decision to join the Green House and what it means for her. How did you learn about the Green House? I learned about the Green House program through my […] Read more “Welcome Mariel Gardiner, MA, LPC”
- Who’s Who? LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, Psy.D., and more! March 7, 2022 - Appreciation and thanks go to Christy LK Darcangelo, LCSW, Zac Palmer, LMFT , and Elizabeth Duke, Psy.D. who made substantive contributions respectively to the sections of this article on social workers, marriage and family therapists, and psychologists. When you are looking for a psychotherapist, the wide array of titles and credentials can be confusing. There’s […] Read more “Who’s Who? LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, Psy.D., and more!”
- Welcome Karina Meza, MA March 6, 2022 - We are very happy to introduce Karina Meza, MA. Karina who joined the Green House in January of this year. We recently spoke to Karina about her decision to join the Green House and what it meant for her. How did you learn about the Green House? I learned about the Green house program from […] Read more “Welcome Karina Meza, MA”
Read more by Cindy Trawinski, Psy.D., Dipl. PW.