LifeWorks welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, queer, and asexual (LGBQA) individuals who want help addressing inner conflicts, relationships issues and problems in their community. Our practice is rooted in a deep belief in the value of diversity for ourselves, our families, our communities and our world.
We are also a trans-affirming practice. We know that trans identities and LGBQA identities are not mutually exclusive and that our transgender community faces some unique challenges that cisgender people do not.
If you are in crisis, or if you or someone you know needs immediate support following an assault or rape, contact a crisis hotline for immediate assistance.
We’re here to help.
If you identify with or are a member of these communities and are struggling with related or other issues, contact us today to see how a LifeWorks therapist can help.
Or, call us at (847) 568-1100
Understanding and Support
Clinicians at LifeWorks strive to understand and support individuals facing various issues and beliefs including, but not limited to, the following:
- the effects of stigma (i.e., prejudice, discrimination, and violence)
- the perception that persons identifying as LGBTQIA are inherently mentally ill
- the belief that sexual orientation can be forcibly changed
- previous experiences with therapists who lacked knowledge of or who held biases against LGBTQIA people
- distinguishing issues of sexual orientation from gender identity
- relationship issues
- conditions in the world (extended family, school, work, religious organizations, community) that are hostile to, devalue or do not recognize LGBTQIA relationships or families
- family of origin conflicts, concerns and problems
- challenges faced by QTPOC (Queer & Trans People of Color)
- specific issues and risks faced by LGBTQIA youth
- Ari Groner, LCSW
- Arielle Zimmerman, LSW
- Becca McCormic, MA
- Christy LK Darcangelo, MA, LCSW, Clinical Supervisor
- Danielle Carlson, LMFT, Clinical Director, Clinical Supervisor
- Eli Zucker, LCSW
- Essie Shachar-Hill, LCSW, Programs Manager
- Jesenia Chavez, LSW, MA
- Jess Twitchell, MSW
- Kurt Kiswaled, LSW
- Laura Andrea Santos, Ph.D.
- Mars Vallon, MSW
- Mickala Randby, LCSW
- Myron Krys Florence, Ph.D.
- Nancy Magali Quiroz, MSMFT
- Nico Gianni, M.A.
- Sheri Maynore, MA