We offer Organizational Consulting & Training for work teams, non-profit groups and agencies as well as companies.
Offsite Training for Cultural Competence
LifeWorks staff members are experienced presenters who can bring engaging and thought-provoking education and training to your group or organization. This type of learning forum can help teams and groups in companies and non-profit organizations become more culturally competent and address important issues with compassion, objectivity and creativity.
- Address changing social and cultural norms and expectations
- Developing new awareness, language and sensitivity
- Expand knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Support improved engagement with marginalized communities
Presenters from LifeWorks have unique expertise in a variety of areas and can provide tailored in-services, workshops or other services for your organization or company on topics such as:
- Working with LGBTQ+ Clients and Their Families
- Cultural Humility: Privilege Power, Systemic Racism, Cultural Bias & Social Justice
- Gender Identity Development and Coming Out
- Gender & Ethics
- Trans & Gender Non-binary 101 for School Personnel
- Gender & Intimate Relationships
- Becoming a Poly-friendly Therapist
- Parenting in Consensually Non-Monogamous Families
- Becoming a Kink-affirming Healthcare Provider
- Consent — What Is It and Who Gets to Say
- Deep Democracy: Working with Marginalized Experiences & Identities
- Relating to Differences in Our World: Multiculturalism and Diversity in Teams & Groups
- Relational Awareness
- Dance & Movement in Psychotherapy
CE credits for mental health professionals are available. To learn more about what we can offer you and your team, contact Danielle Carlson, LMFT, Director of Training.
In-House Training at LifeWorks
The Green House
In 2015, LifeWorks developed The Green House Program, an in-house, 12-month, post-graduate psychotherapy training and mentoring program for recent grads, newly licensed clinicians and others.
The program is geared specifically to professionals who want to develop specific therapeutic skills & cultural competence with clients including those who actively identify as or are exploring sexuality, erotic identity, gender and non-normative relationship configurations such as: