For more info about individual supervision at LifeWorks:
Individual Supervision is one of the most important means of learning how to be an effective, knowledgeable psychotherapist and supporting oneself as a mature professional who is looking to deepen skills, grow and develop personally. By working with a senior clinician over time, you have an opportunity to gain a deeper comprehension of your clients’ unfolding processes, explore new approaches and understand inner reactions and attitudes that allow for growth in both you and your clients.
LifeWorks clinicians can provides short-term and on-going case consultation focusing on specific clinical relationships with clients who identify as members of minorities or marginalized groups. Much of our clinical work focuses on transitions, issues and conflicts related to relationships and identities that are marginalized or largely unsupported by society such as LGBTQIA, open relationships, polyamory, kink, sex workers, etc… We are knowledgeable about intersectionality and the struggles of religious, spiritual, racial, cultural and ethnic minorities.
We offer clinicians an educative, psycho-social point of view on the unique experiences of marginalized individuals and groups and can help clinicians to separate these experience from psychological issues and relationship conflicts their clients may present. Our intention is to bring awareness to the special clinical issues therapists may confront when serving individuals who identify as belonging to one or more marginalized groups and help clinicians to:
- provide a safe space for these clients to explore unique difficulties they may face
- learn to recognize the ways that marginalized individuals with intersecting identities may feel stigmatized or pathologized by society, family, friends, so-workers, public institutions and community
- develop cultural humility by exploring personal ideas, feelings thoughts, beliefs and attitudes therapists may hold towards other cultures or groups
- develop and use the “metaskills,” or feeling attitudes — of curiosity, beginner’s mind, acceptance, open-mindedness, compassion, exploration and celebration of the diversity within their clients
- seek and apply knowledge and understanding to the unique needs of clients who identify with marginalized groups, cultures, ethnicities, religions or races
LifeWorks clinicians have expertise in a variety areas and can provide tailored training, presentations or consultations for you, your organization or company.
Learn more about Organization Consulting and Training or call or email us for more information.