At Lifeworks we are committed to healing: to healing people, communities and the earth from violence and all forms of social injustice. In our mission, we acknowledge that the community in which we serve sits on the colonized land of the Anishinaabe Alliance of the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawami, often referred to as the Council of Three Fires.
We acknowledge that the spirits of the original people pass through us on our city streets and the healing wisdom traditions of the indigenous people are part of our human heritage- which we honor. As such, we make every attempt to recognize the deep wounds and atrocities committed against the original people of this land.
At LifeWorks, we strive to integrate and live the following values in our relationships with each other, our clients and the broader communities we serve and with which we interface:
- To have integrity in word, action and spirit through practices of honesty, transparency, and reliability.
- To show respect through inclusiveness, fluidity, compassion, and trust.
- To shadow box with life’s difficulties, being willing to dance or wrestle with unknown, denied and disavowed parts of ourselves and others, including the messy and distrubing aspects of life.
- To bring fun & creativity into our work and the lives of those we touch through play, enjoyment, and humor.
- To behave responsibly and mindfully in matters of confidence, finance, and stewardship for the relationships that are entrusted to us.
Welcome to our newest LifeWorks team members
- Clinical Therapist
- Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT, AMFT)
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Clinical Psychology
LifeWorks is an explicitly inclusive organization and supports the establishment of diversity and equity in its culture and practice. View all open positions.
Programs and Professional Support
- Trainers & Consultants LifeWorks is deeply committed to ongoing staff training and development. We believe a learning culture helps us as a team to have fun, get to know each other better, meet our practice goals and provide the high quality psychotherapy to our clients.
- KPACT.xyz KPACT offers resources, education and training to support kink & poly aware professionals.
- The Green House A Post-Graduate Psychotherapy Training Program developed and sponsored by LifeWorks Psychotherapy Center.
8707 Skokie Boulevard
Skokie, IL 60077
3139 N. Lincoln Avenue
Suite 220 & 224
Chicago, IL 60657
120 W. Madison
Chicago, IL 60602