Individual psychotherapy is a self-inquiry and self-awareness process. It helps with getting to know all parts of yourself – what you have learned, what you have experienced, what you like and dislike about yourself and others, as well as what you know and don’t know about yourself.
Psychotherapy can help to reduce or eliminate anxiety, depression and the impact of trauma, abuse, guilt, shame and discrimination. It can help you understand yourself, others and relationship patterns as well as develop compassion and mindfulness.
At LifeWorks, we see psychotherapy as an in-the-moment, co-creative process of exploration and discovery. Psychotherapy often includes:
- becoming aware of early childhood patterns and other difficulties that effect everyday life
- working with dreams, body symptoms and creative processes (like art, movement, story telling, etc..)
- getting to know unknown, marginalized or disavowed parts of oneself and the integration of those parts
- exploring spirituality, spiritual beliefs and experiences
- movement toward healing, transformation and wholeness
If you are experiencing distress and want support, or you are looking to grow and develop further, we invite you to give us a call.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call or email: [email protected] 847-568-1100