The Green House
The Green House
Developed & sponsored by LifeWorks Psychotherapy Center is now accepting applications for its 2021 cohort.
Complete the online form here:
For more information, download FAQs for The Green House 2021 (.docx).
- A recent grad or just licensed clinician?
- Looking for distinctive, clinical experience with alternative expressions of sexuality, erotic orientations and/or relationship configurations?
- Want support to develop your identity as a therapist?
- Looking for long-term psychotherapy experience?
- Wondering how to use yourself (your thoughts, feelings, perceptions, reactions) more effectively in the therapy session?
The Green House may be right for you.
ABOUT THE GREEN HOUSE
The Green House is a post-graduate psychotherapy training and mentoring program for recent grads, newly licensed clinicians and others who want to develop specific therapeutic skills & cultural competence with clients including those who actively identify as or are exploring sexuality, erotic identity, gender and non-normative relationship configurations such as LGB, trans and gender queer, non-monogamous (open, swinging, poly affective or polyamorous relationships), kink/BDSM and sex work/erotic labor. Supervision and clinical discussion rest on depth psychotherapy theories* and perspectives (including psychodynamic and process-oriented models).
- Develop cultural competence and knowledge related to LGB, trans and gender queer, non-monogamy, kink/BDSM and sex work
- Strengthen your identity as therapist and use your unique strengths
- Deepen your clinical skills from within a depth psychotherapy perspective
The Green house’s tuition-free, 12 month program provides:
- Payment for clinical hours
- 4-6 clinical sessions per week, the equivalent of 240 clinical hours during the program year
- 40 hours of individual supervision
- Weekly in-service training topics such as:
- Clients, Communities & Cultures: LGB, trans, gender queer, kink & poly, sex work
- Depth Psychotherapy: The Purpose of Problems
- Therapist Identity Development: Finding your Unique Strengths
- Using Therapist Bias: A lifelong process
- Professional & Personal Roles & Boundaries in Small Communities
- Working with Clients who Identify as Non-normative
- Attend a one day program Kick Off meeting Saturday, December 6, 2020 – preceding the start of the 2021 training year.
- Attend Administrative Training sessions in January (dates below).
- Hold a steady caseload of 4-6 weekly clients and complete 240 clinical hours during your training year.
- Attend 40 weekly individual supervision sessions during your training year.
- Attend and participate in weekly Green House in-service training (Thursdays, 12 – 2 pm).
- Attend and participate in monthly cohort learning group (first Thursdays 11-2 pm).
- Attend and participate in weekly staff in-services meetings (Thursdays 2:30-4:20 pm).
- Attend and participate in monthly team meetings (first Thursday of each month, 2:30 -4:20 pm).
- Attend and participate in other relevant learning opportunities within the practice.
- Invest in learning, growth and development through all aspects of the program.
On average, a commitment of 10 hours per week is expected with some weeks being lighter and some being heavier. The Green House is an adult learning experience which relies on clinician/participants to extract learning from the resources provided. During the year, clinician/participants are expected to manage other employment demands and their time effectively and in a proactive manner that enable them to fulfill all requirements of the Green House program.
CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- A license-eligible MA, Psy.D or Ph.D in one of the mental health disciplines
- A passion for working with LGB, trans, gender queer, non-monogamous, kinky clients and/or sex workers
- An interest and commitment to incorporating or deepening the use of a depth approach to psychotherapy*
- 2 letters of reference, at least one from a current supervisor of clinical work
- Fluency in a non-English language a plus, not required
- Interest in relationship work a plus
*Depth psychotherapy (includes psychodynamic, psychoanalytic or analytical psychology and process-oriented psychology or process work) is based on two key propositions: 1. that the unknown or less familiar aspects of ourselves often hold the keys to healing; and 2. that the problems or conflicts that bring us into therapy are pointing us towards our own wholeness.
APPLICATION & ACCEPTANCE TIMELINE
- Saturday, July 11, 2020, 2:30-4:30 pm – Introductory Zoom meeting* about the program RSVP to email@example.com
- August 31, 2020 – Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm CST
- November 23, 2020 – Acceptance decisions will be emailed
- Sunday, December 6, 2020 10 am – 4 pm – 2021 Cohort Kick Off Day
- Monday, January 4, 2021 – Green House 2021 Cohort begins
Complete the online form here:
* NOTE: Applicants unable to attend this Introductory Meeting, are requested to have a phone interview prior to submitting their application. For more information about this or other questions, please contact Danielle Carlson, LMFT. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spaces are limited. 4-6 clinician/participants will be selected.